Google

Thursday, August 29, 2013

100 ways to say "Yes" in German

There are many ways of saying yes, saying that we like something or to give our consent, to confirm, to give a positive opinion about something. So let´s see what words do we use for that in German. You will find here a few examples. Please feel free to add your own expressions in the comments below.

Um einfach "Ja" zu sagen...
Simply saying "Yes"...
Ja.
Gewiss.
Freilich.
Aber gewiss.
Gut.
Yes.
certainly
indeed
surely
good
Sehr gut.
Ich denke ja.
Ich glaube schon.
Natürlich.
Selbstredend.
very good
I think yes.
I believe so / I think so.
Naturally.
Of course.
Sicher.
Jawohl!
Ich bin dabei.













Klar!
Ich habe nichts dagegen.
For sure.
Yes, Sir.
I´m in / Count me in.

Quelle: umwelttag.at












clearly
I have nothing against it.
Würde ich ja sagen.
Da würde ich nicht nein sagen.
Selbstverständlich
In der Tat.
Warum nicht?
I would say yes.
I won´t say no.
Obviously / Self-evidently
In fact.
Why not?
Das ist wahr.
Exakt.
Perfekt.
Ich stimme zu.
Das wäre nicht das Schlechteste.
That is true.
Exactly.
Perfect.
I agree.
That would not be the worst.
Na gut!
Richtig!
Gern / Sehr gern.
Mit Vergnügen.
Mit größtem Vergnügen.
Oh well!
You´re right!
Gladly.
With pleasure.
With great pleasure.
Wie du willst / Wie Sie wollen.
Hurra!
Du hast / Sie haben mich überzeugt.
Genau!
Das wäre schön.
Ja, ich will

Quelle: www.wandtattoo-news.de

As you wish.
Hurray!
You have convinced me.
Exactly!
That would be nice.
Yes, I do
Ich bin wirklich zufrieden!
Meinetwegen.
Zweifellos.
Ohne Zweifel.
Ohne Frage.
I am really content!
As for me / Whatever
Indubitably.
No doubt.
Without a question.
Okay.
Ausgezeichnet.
Das passt mir gut.
So ist es mir recht.
Schön!
OK.
Excellent.
That suits me fine.
So it´s good for me.
Nice!
Um zu sagen, dass es Ihnen gefällt...
To say that you like something ...
Wie schön!
Das gefällt mir.
Das gefällt mir sehr / gut / sehr gut.
Das liegt mir.
Das ist wunderschön!
How beautiful!
I like that.
I like that very much.
That is me.
That is wonderful!
Das ist wunderbar!
Das ist fantastisch!
Das ist riesig!
Nicht zu verachten.
Nicht schlecht.
That is delightful!
That is fantastic!
That´s great!
Nothing to sneeze at.
Not bad.
Das ist das Schönste, was ich je gehört / gesehen habe.
Das ist einmalig.
Das ist außerordentlich.
Das sagt mir zu.
It is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard/ seen.
That is unique.
That is exceptional.
It´s appealing for me.
Das ist sehr hübsch.
Das freut mich.
Ich bin begeistert.
Das lässt mich nicht kalt.
Das klingt wie Musik in meinen Ohren.
That is very nice.
I am pleased.
I´m excited.
That doesn´t leave me cold (literary)
That´s music to my ears.
Um die Meinung anderer zu bestätigen...
To confirm somebody's opinion...
Einverstanden.
In Ordnung!
Ich bin völlig einverstanden.
Wie vereinbart.
Abgemacht.
Das stimmt. / Stimmt.
I agree.
That´s in order / All right.
I totally agree.
As agreed.
Settled.
That´s right / Right.

Quelle: hermanvanveen.com

Das denke ich auch.
Das finde ich auch.
Ich akzeptiere.
Ich stimme zu.
Das ist akzeptabel.
I think so too.
I find that also that way.
I accept.
I agree.
That is acceptable.
Das werde ich berücksichtigen.
Das ist sehr interessant.
Ich bin Ihrer / deiner Meinung.
Ich bin der gleichen Meinung.
Das ist genau das, was ich denke.
I´ll take that into consideration.
That is very interesting.
I agree (I´m on the same opinion).
I have the same opinion.
That´s exactly what I think.
Ich bestätige.
Dagegen gibt es nichts zu sagen
Dagegen gibt es nichts einzuwenden.
Du hast recht / Sie haben Recht.
Das ist sehr vernünftig.
I confirm.
I can´t say nothing against it.
I can´t object that.
You are right.
This is very reasonable.
(This part is optional, I´m not really sure it fits our title)Um von Speisen zu reden...


When talking about food ...
Sehr lecker
Hervorragend.
Das ist vorzüglich.
Wirklich wohlschmeckend.
Köstlich!
very tasty
Outstanding.
This is exquisite.
Really tasty.
Delicious!
Quelle: slideshine.de
Das schmeckt mir.
Schmackhaft / Sehr schmackhaft.
Schmeckt ausgezeichnet.
Exzellent!
Sie sind wirklich ein guter Koch / wirklich eine gute Köchin.












It tastes good.
Tasty / very tasty
Excellent taste
Excellent!
You are a really good chef.
To see the translation in Italian, please visit this Page.

1 comment :